Checking (Share Draft) Accounts
GKCU Checking Accounts
You have every day needs so you need every day access to your cash. From groceries to gas to monthly bills, GKCU gives you affordable and convenient purchasing power with your GKCU Checking Account. Best of all, we give you so much with your GKCU checking account, you’ll soon wonder why you didn’t open the account sooner. Your checking account is federally insured by the NCUA up to $250,000 and earns dividends on a monthly basis (based on balance of $100 or more). Electronic statements are available (free of charge) or by mail ($1/statement); to enroll ask when you are in a branch or enroll online.
Checking accounts can be opened at any age as long as there is an adult joint owner, and at age 16 without a joint owner.
- No Minimum Balance
- No monthly maintenance, per check, debit card or service fees
- Variety of check and debit card designs
- ATM access, Free Online Teller, Free Mobile Money App
- Direct Deposit & Automatic Payments
- Overdraft Protection / Courtesy Pay (subject to credit approval; must be 18 & older)
- Card Valet: giving you the on/off power for your debit card.
Kraft Classic Premium Checking
With age comes wisdom… and rewards! You’ve worked hard for your money and you deserve some extra credit when it comes your checking account. With GKCU’s Kraft Classic premium checking, members ages 60 years and older, can receive additional benefits with your checking account. If you’re ready to get your rewards, ask when you are in a GKCU branch about going Classic.
- Free Box of Checks (one per year)
- Free mailed statements (on all accounts)
- Free Cashiers’ Checks (1/month)
- Free Domestic Wires
- Free Fax & Photocopies
- Discounts on Safe Deposit Boxes
Money Market Accounts
Want the convenience of a checking with the higher rate of a savings? A GKCU Money Market account might the best option for you. Tiered accounts (based on account balances) earn you more on dividends with less restrictions on withdrawals. Accounts must be maintained with $1000 and are federally insured up to $250,000 by NCUA. Ask about opening one today.